Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Welcome to Bahrain!

Now that we're in Bahrain and are getting familiar with the place, it's time to introduce you!

I will preface this post by saying I don't really have any pictures of Bahrain yet. Only this one I took out the window of our hotel. But that's pretty much what it looks like: brown and sandy. And it's hot. Really really reallyreally hot.



I did take a picture of the Great Mosque, but we were driving and it was nighttime, so it looks more like smears with towers. I'll save your eyes.

But if you like food variety, this is the place! More than once in Italy we longed for something that wasn't Italian. See, even though we love Italian food, we also love variety. So that's why Bahrain is so great. We've only been here about a month, and so far we've had French, Persian, Thai, Papa John's (all you can eat for Ramadan!), DQ, Lebanese, Chinese, and some really good frozen yogurt. We kind of have to eat out, since our kitchen facilities look like this:



Yay hotels!

The Friday before I left for my visit home, we went to brunch. Brunch is something the hotels do, kind of like Sunday afternoon brunch. You pay a lot of money and get unlimited food and drinks for about 4 hours. It was almost too much food. So overwhelming!

We went to Lulu's (a huge grocery store) the other day and it made me start itching to cook again. We're getting into our house in a few days, and I'm excited to try new foods like hummus and things with instructions written only in Arabic.

So anyway, welcome to Bahrain!

No comments:

Post a Comment