Sunday, August 11, 2013

Rainbows and sprinkles

I am trying to be more creative in the kitchen. The thing is, I hate washing dishes. And I don't have my kitchen aid mixer. But when it comes to the end of the year, I figure I should do something nice for the kids at school. So I decided to make rainbow cupcakes.

It was quite a bit easier than I expected and came out so cute!


Here's how to do it. I used a cake mix because I don't put forth that much effort for a bunch of 10-year-olds, but you could use your favorite white cake recipe if you wanted.

First, mix the batter like usual. Then split it evenly into six containers. Add food coloring to make the desired colors. Mix well.



Line a cupcake tray with paper cups and begin by adding a small spoonful of each color. The cake batter is thick enough that it won't combine.




Once you have used all the colors, bake.

Cool and decorate. I put a lot of frosting on so they wouldn't see until the bit into them. And because we were moving in two days and I didn't want extra frosting in the fridge.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment